We are on a wave of success, and have a job role opening for a motivated and enthusiastic mid-weight, full-time, UX designer to join the team, and help us continue to deliver more great work. Collectively we have a passion to create simple, yet stunning digital experiences, underpinned by technology, that users just love. We are currently involved in some stunning, and very exciting projects for our UK and Global brands portfolio.
By putting users at the centre of everything we do, we help our clients create engaging strategies and digital experiences that are not only loved by their customers, but deliver real business growth. DotLabel can offer the successful candidate a truly enjoyable challenge in a distinctly non-corporate environment with a fun team of smart, curious and self-motivated individuals working on real, valuable commercial products.
As a practicing UX professional you will have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Human Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, Human Factors / Ergonomics or a related field such as Psychology. You will have earned your stripes and have 2+ years’ professional agency experience in digital user experience (UX) design for desktop and mobile, and, as a bonus, may additionally have some first-hand experience in user research.
We are looking for…
▪ a bright, innovative, ambitious and collaborative individual who approaches work with curiosity and integrity
▪ a high degree of creativity, attention to detail, interaction design and problem solving ability
▪ an understanding of testing methodologies, including usability and accessibility standards
▪ a strong verbal communicator with excellent written, organisational and interpersonal skills
▪ a team player who takes personal ownership of assigned tasks, yet is able to collaborate and work effectively with colleagues and clients
▪ able to work to project requirements and delivery deadlines ▪ intelligent, eager and passionate about producing high end solutions
▪ flexible and adaptable with a persistent drive to learn new skills and constantly improve
▪ eager to keep abreast of industry trends, web development technology and advancements
In order to fulfill the role, the successful candidate will be expected to have:
▪ a mastery of all aspects of Axure
▪ experience with Photoshop, Illustrator and other software from Adobe Creative Suite, and balsamiq, Adobe XD, invision, sketch or other relevant mapping, diagrams or graphic creation software would be beneficial. Coding is not required.
▪ a high competency of information design and be able to clearly express and organise complex information
▪ the ability to present research findings and illustrate innovative solutions with confidence and enthusiasm through developing and crafting: user personas, goal and task analysis - user scenarios, user stories, storyboards user journeys and experience maps, site maps, process flows, content strategy and taxonomy, conceptual sketches, wireframes and prototypes
▪ proficiency refining and improving insight driven user-centred solutions through testing, analysis and iteration
▪ confidence in undertaking user research including the planning, management and delivery of workshops, focus groups, interviews, questionnaires and surveys
▪ an understanding of common software, management practices, development practices, & agile working
Above all you will be:
▪ a champion for users, who ensures that user needs, wants and expectations remain paramount throughout projects
▪ driven by understanding the needs of client’s customers, carried out through research and profiling
▪ fluent in current best practice UX and usability principles, interaction and UI design patterns
▪ well versed in a wide spectrum of user-centric research methods
▪ knowledgeable of web standards, technologies, and terminology
▪ an advocate for a multiple platform, multiple-touchpoint user-centred approach
▪ analytical in your approach to problem solving, and methodical with a high attention to detail
▪ confident to challenge the status quo by championing new thinking
▪ able to gracefully accept feedback from stakeholders and maintain flexibility throughout the process
▪ hold experience developing UX for iOS, Android, and/or responsive web, with knowledge of common design patterns
This role is based in a modern office environment in the heart of Basingstoke, Hampshire
- Salary up to £35,000 depending on experience
-You’ll be contracted to work 37.5 hours a week, with flexible work time
- 24 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays
- Your birthday off
- Company supplied laptop
- Contributory pension scheme
- Health Insurance
- Bonus scheme
- You will enjoy a casual dress code
- Generous personal development budget to invest in your career
- Bike to work scheme
- Friday afternoon drinks
- Regular social events with a friendly team - and lots of fun in the office!
How to apply
To apply for this position, send a covering letter or email explaining why you would be a good addition to our team together with your CV or linkedIn profile to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition please provide a link to your outstanding portfolio, detailing from conception to completion, engaging, elegant, and delightful user-centered solutions. Please note you must be eligible to live and work in the EU.
We like to look after our team here at DotLabel and are keen to help you do a great job, whether that’s choosing your own modern equipment or supporting you with additional training. Our benefits include private health care, a cycle-to-work scheme, a regular fruit delivery and even let you enjoy a day off on your birthday. We have a strong team culture, and our regular socials and trips to Nando’s, all make for a fun, creative and dynamic workplace.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, please email your CV to email@example.com
Mostly Dotlabelers run off the 3 main food groups...Nandos, biscuits and gin! A weekly fruit drop to the studio is always well received though....you'll just have to fight over the red apples
Our people are at the heart of everything we do, so everyone at DotLabel gets free private health care.
If you fancy yourself as a Wigo then why not take advantage of the cycle discount....sideburns not included
Regardless of the occasion, a cheeky Nandos is always on the cards.
No one should work on their birthday so guess what...have it off on us.
A wise man once said "bacon makes everything better" why just have meeetings when you can have meetings with a bacon sarnie?!?
Whether you're Windows or Mac, we got you covered....you just might be judged if you opt Windows! We've got plenty of mobiles and tablet to play with too.
Training when ever you want it....Why wouldn't we want you to be the best you can be at your job?!?